Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Piano




Cailey started piano lessons a few weeks ago and is LOVING it. I told her that as long as she practiced she could continue the lessons. I can't say that she always wants to practice, but she gets it done and continues to want to learn. She has a REALLY good ear for music and her teacher is impressed at how quickly she picks things up. A HUGE blessing is that we found a great teacher who will come to our house. LOVE THAT!! I love not having to drive her somewhere for a 30 minute lesson. Oh..and we needed to get a piano instead of our keyboard, so here it is!

1 comment:

Sandy M. said...

WOW, does this bring back memories! I had a piano teacher who came to the house, Mr. Lowry (yes, it was a man, & no, my parents were not home... something you wouldn't even think of doing in our culture, but that was in the late 50's-early 60's). He wore a suit, was always punctual, & taught several students in my neighborhood. I was in the 6th grade when I started & wanted to play for so long, that by the time my parents could afford it, getting me to practice was no problem. Our 1st piano was free... for the hauling of it from a tavern/bar. It had cigarette stains on the keys at each end (people used to gather around the piano at a bar & sing along), & it couldn't hold a tune. After a year, my parents figured I was serious about playing, so they "bought" another upright, for really cheap. When I went to high school, they bought a brand new smaller piano, & I played for the school orchestra & for the all-city high schools choir. Since I took 2 years of flute at school (starting in 4th grade) before piano, I already read music which really helped. I've loved playing through the years, & until PBC, played for each church we were in. Music is a beautiful gift from God!