Thursday, February 11, 2010

travel home



When we were leaving Korea snow was coming down quickly. I was afraid the flight was going to be delayed or canceled and really did NOT want that to happen. Seoul is like Connecticut in the winter so they are much more able to deal with snow that NC...although I never saw a snowplow on the road and it was really bad! Our plane was set to leave but needed to be de iced (as it had piles of snow on the wings). We were waiting our turn and it took 3 1/2 hours! Every hour that went by made us more and more nervous because we only had a 4 hour layover in ATL (CLEARLY we thought 4 hours would be enough time:). I was concerned because I didn't want Ephram to get restless or upset...or make our flight into 161/2 hours!


waiting in the airport with my boy



such a happy boy!







Ephram did GREAT on the plane and never cried!! I had been so worried that he would cry the whole way on the plane and prayed that God would give us an abundance of patience....I never thought to pray that he wouldn't cry at all! He took a few cat naps and one that lasted two hours. The flight attendants were amazed by him and one even said, "I want to see him cry" because she didn't think he could:). They said he wins the record for being the best baby on a plane ride that long. (AND he had been up since 5:30am)



nappin'





playin'

When we got to ATL I begged everyone (even the border guard) to hold our plane. He was actually going to do it until he realized that boarding was over. After we found out we missed our plane we had to figure out what to do (and this was a little more than this mommy with no sleep could handle). A SWEET woman helped us out and arranged me to fly on the next plane first class while Brian would be on standby. We were SO hoping it would work out so Brian could greet the kiddos with me...for our complete family to be together. However, when we got to the gate we learned that he was 12th in line and it wasn't going to happen. SO....I flew home with Ephram while Brian took the next flight home to join us. Ephram slept the entire way from ATL.



I was THRILLED when Laura and Heather said they would come to the airport and take pictures of our arrival and the moment the kiddos would meet Ephram. They took SO MANY pictures and I can't wait to see them! I am still SO sad Brian couldn't be there but Laura is going to take some family pictures for us later on.

Along with my mom, the kiddos, (and the paparazzi:), we had other sweet friends who came to greet us at the airport (and a couple who came to meet us at the earlier flight). The kids had signs and a cute little Harris Teeter balloon that made me smile. They were thrilled to meet Ephram and I was thrilled to see them!


We are SO thankful to Nonny who came to take care
of the kids while we were gone and Janet, Beth, and Kelly
for helping her out with their activities. It was so nice to know
that everything at home would be taken care of!


Kinsey wanted to hold him all night!


Braden is already reading him books:).

No comments: