Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My 34th?? birthday

Cailey made me feel SO special on my birthday this year! Apparently she stayed up SUPER late (after 11:00) making me a poster and fabulously amazing necklace she made herself and a special card! She also planned out making me breakfast in bed. Cailey wanted me to have something 'more special than turkey bacon' (my norm) so she gave me Golden Grahams BRIGHT AND EARLY. Sweet thing was so excited she couldn't wait for mama to wake up so I had an early wake up call...but how can you say no to breakfast in bed?? She led the kids in singing 'Happy Birthday' to me and after that Kinsey decided to sing to me about every couple of hours:). When I got in the school room I had the poster waiting for me.

Notice the poster says 33rd birthday. I thought I was turning 33 this year. I mean seriously...not joking around until Kinsey said to me, "Mommy you are gonna be 34 tomorrow." I looked at Brian and asked him why in the world Kinsey was telling me that. He clued me in to the fact that indeed I WAS turning 34...YIKES! Not sure where 33 went but truly surprised about 34! It was a funny few hours of convincing me the night before! Oh...Cailey said she wrote 33 so I wouldn't feel bad:).


Kinsey and Ephram were sick and didn't want a picture but I was able to get one with my two big kids. Notice the necklace I'm wearing...made by Cailey! Braden and Kinsey made me sweet cards and were offering to do things for me all day:). I spent the morning/early afternoon taking Kinsey to the doctor (unplanned) because she was wheezing and having trouble breathing. Honestly it felt like a 'normal' day with school, doctors, grocery store, two sick kiddos...except for the 'special super sweet' moments thrown in:). Such is life for a mommy of four- and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I seriously TREASURE their 'baby' voices singing to me:).


The night before I was able to go out to dinner with my girlfriends and Braden wanted to take some pictures of me with each family member.


oh, ephram and your silly smile!


Tricia came over and we rode together over to Outback. The kids 'attacked' her when she came:)


I had so much fun catching up with my sweet friends after not seeing them for so long from being sick! Thanks for helping me celebrate!

Brian made me my favorite birthday cake too:).

No comments: