Sunday, July 29, 2012

Anxious.



Cailey is ready for her surgery tomorrow but can't sleep. She's anxious about waking up during it...or hurting afterwards. Really I think the worst is that it's just an "unknown" for her because she's never even been in a hospital as a patient other than birth. She's having her tonsils out to hopefully cure her PFAPA which would be GREAT as she's had several fever episodes this past week.

Since she won't be eating solids very much for the next week I asked her what meals she wanted this weekend. She picked her favorite first for Saturday which was shrimp and linguini and then today she wanted bbq chicken pizza. (Of course I wanted her to have the "B" plate too:) We've also been trying to get her to drink, drink, drink since she tends to get dehydrated and doesn't like water. Yesterday we got her a slushie with dinner and today it was a gatorade. I'm guessing we are going to go through a TON of those over the next week. I've bought 5 boxes of different kinds of popsicles and Italian ice...along with lots of things she'll actually drink. Plus jello...and maybe pudding??

I'm praying that she will drink since I know that's what's going to help her heal. Praying for little pain. Praying for fast healing. Praying for a great attitude. Praying for extra Grace. Praying for healing period. Praying for patience for all of us. Praying against fear. Praying for the doctor.

I love you, Cailey girl!!

No comments: