Friday, January 22, 2010

last paper needed....

Yesterday we received our last paper needed in order to travel. It was the approval from USCIS, which means that we are clear to bring a baby into the country. Brian remembers that this came right before the babies came home before so it looks like we'll be getting the call soon! Even though I knew it was coming it still didn't seem real. It STILL doesn't seem real. I'm not sure when it will sink in...probably when I'm packing at the last minute and freaking out about all the details. Or maybe when we're on the plane.

We are getting a baby. A baby! It's been a while since we've had one of those and I've gotta be honest...I'm getting nervous! Maybe it's nerves about traveling instead of going to the airport to get him but I think I'm terrified because it means we're going backwards. We need to get used to bottles, carrying a baby, baby proofing, taking more time before we go somewhere, figuring out where my coupons are going to go if there is a baby in the front of the shopping cart:), naps, diapers, booster seats....AGH!

We started this process more than three and a half years ago when we still had a baby and had NO CLUE it would take this long. It's crazy when I look back and think about the whole process. God knew we'd homeschool. Knew I'd need time to get used to homeschooling before we got a baby. Knew that Kinsey would need some extra time being the 'baby'. Knew that Braden needed a brother. Knew that I'd be more nervous than I ever thought I'd be. Knew that we'd get rid of most of the baby stuff. Knew that we had awesome friends who would throw us a shower. God knew about Ephram. God knew that Ephram would need us and that we needed him.

Thank you so much for all your prayers!! Please pray for Ephram's foster mom (and family) who has cared for him for almost 8 months. Please pray for his birth mom who probably thinks of him daily. Pray for Ephram, that he will have a smooth transition and not have a hard time of adjusting. Please pray that he bonds with us (as this can affect the rest of his life.) Please pray for finances for the travel expenses (both the airfare and hotel, etc.) as well as the finances for the adoption.

Please pray for our traveling that we will:
-have a smooth flight and easy time through customs
-not get lost:) and be able to find English speaking people
-be able to adjust to the CRAZY 14 hour time difference without getting sick
-be able to have a great time soaking in the culture and truly enjoy our time there
-I will be able to eat anything I am served (as I am pickier than ANYONE you have ever met)
-not do anything 'culturally wrong' and insult anyone unknowingly
-bring everything we need (including gifts, etc. for everyone)
-that our 22 hour flight home with Ephram (who will be grieving) will be smooth and that he can sleep on the plane.
-that things will go well with the kiddos at home (with Nonny) while both of us are gone for a week
-that God will protect us and keep us safe while we are away from the kiddos
***and anything else you can think of***

Thanks again for lifting us up and supporting us!

4 comments:

Janet said...

I know it feels like SO MANY details, but at least we know the Lord has already gone before you and is preparing the way.

Praying for everything and very excited!

Laura said...

I think I will print this out and put it on the fridge to remember to pray for these things....especially while you are travelling. Well, written, friend:)
I love you!

Eve said...

if you have any culture questions just ask me and if I don't know I will ask my mom.....Can't wait till you bring the little one home!

Sandy M. said...

How exciting! I have a booster seat w/tray if you would like to have it (can be used instead of a high chair.) Let me know if you do. Praying for you all!!