Friday, February 4, 2011

magic show

I don't have pictures because I didn't go but I wanted to document this awesome magic show the kiddos went to at Crossroads tonight. They went with Brian and spent an hour watching different magicians perform on the stage. After the show they had ice cream and were able to go into different rooms and watch the magicians do tricks up close and with smaller groups of kids.

Kinsey came home and just made me laugh. In the most SERIOUS voice with the most SERIOUS kinsey 'face' she said, "Mommy, they put a lady in a basket and stab her with a REAL knife and stand on her and she still ALIVE!" Kinsey was horrified! Then she started laughing and told me about some of the other tricks. She loves coming home from places and telling me ALL about it (most of the time in the car on the way home)...whether it's her Sunday school class, awana, co op...wherever she goes I get ALL the details and I hope that never changes!

Braden was the main reason for going to the Magic Show because he just loves watching and trying to figure out all the tricks. He's been talking about the upcoming show daily and couldn't wait! He had a great time and was able to come up with great ideas as to how they did the 'stabbing':). His favorite trick was one that involved a talking dry erase board?? We saw a similar one at Christmas Unwrapped and it's hard to explain but it was pretty cool. I love watching Braden's face light up whenever he is talking about things he loves...like magic shows!

Ephram didn't go. It started at 7 and honestly it would have been too much to ask for him to sit and watch a magic show SO he stayed home with me. He was sad he couldn't go and ran to Brian with his shoes saying, "come, daddy?" because he LOVES going out. When they left he sat down and looked at me and said, "cailey go bye bye, kinsey go bye bye, braden go bye bye, daddy go bye bye ephram home mommy". Poor baby...all that one on one time with mommy...a horrible fate:)! After reading tons of books and playing I attempted to put him to bed and even let him stay up 'late'...until 8 instead of 7:30. Yeah. He wasn't having it. He screamed the second the door shut and after about two minutes I couldn't take it anymore and let him come lay in my bed. I assumed they'd be home soon anyway but boy was I wrong! They didn't get home until 9:15! The big goof ball layed in the bed and sang 'Frosty the Snowman' and laughed. He did at least lay there but was still WIDE awake when everyone came home.

Cailey had fun too and was mostly excited about seeing friends she knew. She also LOVED the jokes that one magician told. Apparently one of them asked a girl audience member what her name was and they said, "abby." Then the (male) magician said, "oh really! that was my name when I was a little girl". Cailey just giggled and giggled about that joke! She also liked the audience participation. Her favorite trick was disappearing bunny trick.

No comments: