Friday, May 11, 2012

CFA campout


After some fun (imaginary) light saber time at the park....


Brian and Braden headed CFA for a father/son campout! When I first told Braden about it he was beyond excited since he missed his scout camping trip the weekend of his birthday party. CFA had planned a TON of activities for them during the evening and into the night...they had so much fun! I showed up to take a few pictures early on and couldn't believe the number of tents and awesome dads who were doing this for/with their sons! Our air mattress fit perfectly inside the tent so the boys were extra comfy.



Brian took these pictures during the night. There was a giant rock climbing wall, a children's author reading a funny story she wrote about her naughty dog (who was also there), smores..then midnight ice cream sundaes (oh..and someone was there who taught the boys how to start a fire), a jousting ring, a bounce house, then they had movies and games at midnight...they had so much fun!

In the morning they ate their yummy CFA breakfast and headed home in time for soccer games. Braden had such a GREAT time and ephram can't wait until he's old enough to go. We are so thankful that our CFA has so many great opportunity's to grow families closer together!

Braden did a journal entry about it the next week:

This weekend I went on a camping trip at Chick-fil-A. I got to have only Daddy come because it was a father son camping trip and Ephram was too young. I knew I was going to have a lot of fun and couldn't wait to get there!

As soon as we got there I helped daddy set the tent up. Then we had a yummy dinner in front of the tent. I had chicken nuggest and fries and daddy had a sandwich and frieds.

After dinner I went to jump in the bounce house. I also did other fun activities, like climbing a rock wall, jousting, and making a fire starter. My favorite was the tall rock wall.

Later that night we roasted marshmallows and made smores. They were delicious and chocolatey! We also had ice cream sundaes. I put m&m's and gummy bears on mine.

Then the rocket learning group came and taught us how to build a fire. Daddy told me that you need oxygen to keep a fire going. After that an author came and read us a book around the campfire about her naughty dog.

A little while later we watched part of a movie. Then we went to sleep in our comfortable tent. The next morning we pack, ate breakfast, and left. I had a fantastic time camping at Chick-fil-A!

No comments: