Thursday, November 11, 2010

finishing up

Braden finished his frequent flyer book in AWANAS a couple weeks ago and since I was in the room I wanted to snap a picture of him saying his verses to Dave. It's so fascinating for me to watch him because he knows them SO well that most of his time was spent practicing tying his shoe, climbing behind the chalk board, and looking at the different colors in the carpet. I've never had a good memory and had trouble memorizing things but Braden knows them SO well that he can be doing other things and remember without a problem. I don't know the number of verses he learned in two months but more than anything I hope he always has this love of learning and love of scripture. He is working on something very exciting now that he's finished his AWANA books that will take him the rest of the year. He wants to keep learning, his leaders want him to keep learning, and we want him to keep learning:). We are SO thankful for his leader, Dave...who has listened to every verse Braden's learned for two years now. Braden LOVES Dave and always runs up for a big hug...and can't wait to share what he's learned. The sweet part of Braden is that he always offers to go last so that everyone else can say their verses first. This way if they run out of time he can just wait until the next week. He also helps the other kids learn their verses. He's learning to serve/help others and putting others before himself...I just LOVE everything he's learning at AWANAS!

1 comment:

Joy for the Seasons said...

He was a pleasure to have in my Cubbies group, and he indeed always knew his verses with seemingly no effort! I know you are a proud mama. :)