Sunday, November 21, 2010

my two running buddies

Cailey and Braden have always enjoyed running and have asked to run in a race several times. We haven't been able to work out the logistics of the other two kiddos as well as us running until now. They are running the Jingle Bell 5K run with Brian while I run it with Beth. I started training with them last week and they are doing awesome! They both woke up early every day and were dressed and ready to go running before school. I wasn't sure how far they'd get but they both made it past two miles and would have gone longer if someone didn't need to go potty:). We went out two more times after that and they continued to go further. They simply AMAZE me as when I started I couldn't even run for 3 min. without getting winded! They aren't even breathing hard when they are done! They both intend on running the whole thing and considering how far they're running now I'm sure they'll do it! I am SO proud of these two kiddos!

No comments: