Friday, November 12, 2010

my super brave girl

Cailey spent most of the summer barefoot...at different pools for swim team practice, meets, and just for fun. In July she got a plantars wart (which are contagious and usually picked up at pools) on her heel that started hurting her when she walked. After much research we decided to try and get it frozen off. The first time (back in August) she did AWESOME. It hurt but she never cried. They warned us that it may take three times for it to completely go away.

The next month it started hurting again so we went back...for more scraping and freezing. She did awesome...again:).

Last week it was really hurting her and she was begging me to make an appointment to get it frozen again. Poor thing couldn't walk and wanted the temporary pain of getting it frozen so it wouldn't become permanent pain and stay. They froze it for TWO and a HALF minutes this final time (instead of 30 sec, like normal) in hopes that it'll work. I felt SO bad for my baby...and could visibly see that she was hurting. Even after they were done it hurt because it was 'thawing' out. I seriously could not have gone through that without a peep...or at least some music in my ears and deep breathing. We had forgotten the IPOD and everyone just kept asking her questions to keep her mind off of it. It felt better for a week but now we have to find something else to heal her OR just wait it out.


after the scraping and freezing

Honestly I am sad for her that she went through these things and it's still there but there is nothing else they could try other than over the counter 'remedy's' which typically do NOT work on plantars warts which are deep in the skin. We are praying that God will heal it and she can walk pain free soon.


i rewarded her bravery with a cupcake...she chose
this alligator one because it had the least red 40.

2 comments:

Eve said...

I had planters warts as a teenager on my feet and had them on my toes too! I specifically remember the one on my heal and had that frozen off! Once is does come out it will be a neat thing for Cailey because it will leave a hole in her heal...well mine did :)

Praying that she can walk without pain!

Eve said...

oh the hole is not there now:)