Tuesday, July 21, 2009

November 21, 2008

Last summer Cailey talked about wanting to become a Christian but was afraid that she'd get water up her nose when she got baptized....we thought that was funny, and cute, and realized that CLEARLY she wasn't ready.

November 21, 2008 I was sitting in the doctor's office getting my physical for the adoption paperwork and Cailey told me she was ready to ask Jesus into her heart. I thought that was awesome and couldn't wait until Brian got home so he could be there to hear it! Cailey didn't want to wait...right there, while I was getting my blood pressure taken (with Braden and Kinsey there too) she prayed the sweetest prayer I've ever heard.

I became a Christian later in life...and always wondered if you could REALLY be saved as a toddler/young child. I'd heard SO many stories of young children becoming Christians and then walking away from it...I was scared that she wouldn't TRULY understand...and I wanted it to be her decision, her choice, her gift.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come unto me". That verse helped me to see that this WAS her choice...it could happen as a child. She was telling everyone about it, and just beaming! She wanted to get baptized IMMEDIATLEY...but we decided to wait for a bit. (hello..."let the little children come unto me")

Every summer Providence has a lake baptism, but Cailey wanted to be baptized in the church where she could share her testimony in front of everyone. Last week (after the deadline) Cailey decided that she DID want to get baptized in the lake...and WAS able to share her testimony, so it worked out beautifully. (Oh...and the verse she wanted to share was Psalm 23....she said the whole thing!) I think she'll remember this lake baptism forever...it was so special to have friends there to share in the experience. We went early so the kids could play with friends, picnic, hang out, sing worship songs, and pray. Because it was so 'last minute' we weren't able to have family or out of town friends here, but we are planning on throwing her a party because seriously...we HAVE to celebrate!!

I'm so thankful to be able to know that Cailey will be spending eternity with us in Heaven and can't wait to see all the awesome things God has in store for her!














for some reason i really wanted Cailey to wear
a white dress for her baptism...the water was turning
everything BROWN so we brought different clothes
for her to wear in the water






ready for some swimming with Caden, Harrison,
and Jackson!


braden and kinsey had fun playing in the sand with friends!



it was neat that Cailey and Harrison could
get baptized on the same day....something we'll remember
forever!


proud parents!


a word of prayer over everyone getting baptized


One of Cailey and Harrison's Sunday school teachers


caden was so sweet to come and see cailey
get baptized!! she was very excited that he was
there...thanks Brandon!


braden's buddies



hanging out with the guys









i love this...hand in hand with daddy while singing hymns


kinsey was very patient!


cailey hesitated getting baptized at the lake because
she really wanted to share her testimony up in front of
everyone, like they normally do at church.
I was super excited for her because our pastor let
her share her testimony (at the last minute) and
she did awesome! I was VERY nervous for her (i have NO idea
where she gets her love for public speaking/performing) because
she didn't practice, but she just spoke from her heart and it was
beautiful.


we were so proud of her!


walking out to get baptized


Beth was my HERO and was able to get all of these GREAT
pictures of her getting baptized....someone was blocking my view
so I couldn't see her at all! (They were pretty far out in the water)


















SO happy!


cailey was BEAMING!!!


checking out the pics:)


it was so good! i just had to post it:)



5 comments:

Eve said...

I read this with tears in my eyes! So amazing that she understood enough to make this important decision! give her a hug from me!

Carpool Queen said...

We were at the picnic last night and to hear her recitation of Psalm 23 was so beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes to hear her strong, confident testimony. I found your blog through Janet's - was excited to be able to come over and tell you personally what a special daughter you have.

Laura said...

I was waiting for this post! SO awesome:) I love that she will have such a great record of it as she grows up....that is priceless!

anthonyandbeth said...

i know...pat myself on the back for wading out into the snake pit for you! ha ha! :) it was SO worth it to get these great pictures of our kids! :) i know it will be a day we won't ever forget. congrats to all of you! :)

Sandy M. said...

The pictures AND the story are beautiful! I hated to miss the baptism (had a friend go to the hospital right after I got out of church, & I was with her until nearly 7 PM), & I know I missed a good one! What a beautiful little girl, inside & out!