Tuesday, July 7, 2009

three brave jumpers





Cailey wanted to jump off of the diving board while we were at Nonny and Poppy's house. She was a little scared but was jumping off in no time! We had a great time going back and forth between the slides and the diving boards together:).





This is my SUPER BRAVE boy!!! When Braden started weekly swimming lessons in January he wouldn't even put his face in. Each week he got braver and by the beginning of summer he was ready to put his face in and swim to me. I could NOT believe that he wanted to jump off of the diving board but he did it...and swam to the side all by himself!! I was SOOOO proud of him!







This is my SUPER BRAVE CRAZY girl!! (Who is sitting beside me and laughing saying, I love mama and Jesus:). Kinsey also took swimming lessons and was very brave...just needed someone to 'save her' when she needed to breathe. She REALLY wanted to jump off of the diving board but I wasn't allowed to catch her, and they wouldn't let her wear a life jacket. The life guard would only let her go in if she was able to swim on her own. Hmmm. She wanted to jump SO MUCH that she learned how to swim right then and there. I took her to the deep water, told her to jump in and swim to the side. (I knew she could swim under the water to the wall but couldn't come up for air.) I said, "BREATHE" and her little head popped up out of the water!! She did it a few more times, and once she could go half the length of the pool I decided to let her try the diving board. No matter what that life guard said, I WOULD HAVE jumped in if she needed me...HELLO!! This monkey jumped in over and over and would swim to the side each time!! I could NOT believe that all the kiddos were swimming for the first year ever! I definitely wouldn't walk away and let Kinsey swim on her own, but she is doing awesome and can 'swim' (her own stroke) down the pool! I am SOOOO PROUD of you little mouse!!






My SUPER BRAVE girl decided that she wanted to jump off of the high diving board. I couldn't believe it..I didn't even want to jump off of the high one! Once she gets something in her head she just can't get it out. Cailey jumped off of the high board many times...this was HIGH people!! I am SOOOO proud of you, Darla!!





Now this was just CRAZY!! My super brave boy was talked in to jumping off of the 'high' diving board by Cailey! he did great...and went a few more times, but liked the smaller board
better. (Kinsey wanted NO PART of jumping off of the high diving board:)



I wonder sometimes if Cailey is going to be in sales...because somehow she talked me into jumping off of the high diving board too. I was TERRIFIED and didn't want to do it but I am always telling them to try new things and not say, "I can't" that I felt like I had to be an example. I did it once. I will NOT be doing it again. BUT I did try it...and felt good about showing them how to face their fears. BUT I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN:)!


and there was plenty of fun had on the slides, of course:)!

2 comments:

Nan said...

So awesome! My boys are making good strides in their lessons too, finally! On Sunday, at a pool party, Jonathan begged to jump of the deck! He wore a noodle tied around him and Frank and a friend were there to catch him, but he did it...3 times. Did I mention it was about 10 ft in the air?!?!? It is neat when they have guts isn't?

Sandy M. said...

What an awesome pool! It looks like they all had a great time & are now great little swimmers. Looking forward to seeing them in my pool sometime this summer!