Monday, July 13, 2009

riding bikes and tying shoes: check!




she was scared and i told her MANY times
that she didn't have to do it....




tears on her shirt:(





Cailey has been asking to get her ears pierced for at least a year. At first I told her she could get them done when she was 12...because that's when I got mine done. The more I thought about it, that just seemed ridiculous to me! Just because my mom didn't want me to get mine done doesn't mean that Cailey couldn't. SOooo...I told her that if she could learn to ride her bike without training wheels and tie her shoes then she'd be able to get them pierced. RIGHT after I told her that she learned to ride her bike....it was definitely motivating! She practiced tying shoes a few times, but I didn't focus on it and she was just so busy I think she forgot about it. Last week she went running with Brian and put her sneakers on....and tied them! I was so surprised about it because I had no idea she could do it!

Saturday we went on a 'mommy date' so she could get them pierced. First she wanted to go to Target so she could show me all the things she wanted for her birthday. Then we went to the mall for her to get her ears pierced (which apparently hurt WAY more than she thought it would). Afterwards we walked around the mall for a bit and then finished up our date with lunch. I just soaked in as much as possible and had a great time with my girl!

3 comments:

Laura said...

wow! so I should expect to hear Becca start in on me about getting hers pierced when she comes home from your house? :)
(She'd better NOT come home with them pierced!!) :)

Wilson Ramblings said...

so fun! Your kiddos are growing up so fast this summer! I was 6 when I got mine piecred and I remember how bad it hurt! C is a brave girl!!!

Eve said...

Wow! I was around 6 too but I don't remember it too much! Can't believe that, we just saw you guys on Friday with no pierced ears! Loved seeing you guys and pictures to come soon!