Saturday, August 7, 2010

4th child





I was always a 'stickler' about being home for all of cailey's naps. Braden was home for all of his afternoon naps and most of his morning naps. (I was teaching preschool when he was a baby and he'd nap in a playpen next door to the classroom I taught in). Cailey and Braden RARELY slept in the car and never slept in strollers or people's arms. Kinsey napped when she could get one...mostly in the car pool line or at a friend's house. Cailey was in school, I was teaching, and there were so many things that she would nap anywhere...but never in our arms.

Insert baby number four. Who I waited a LONG time for. Who is growing up WAY too quickly. When we first went to the pool I'd try to get him to sleep in his stroller and he just wanted no part of that. So I decided he just wouldn't nap at the pool. Then...I figured out the sweetest thing EVER. I had a baby who would fall asleep in the pool...in my arms! The first time he did it was at the very beginning of the summer at the Megilligan's pool while Janet was holding him. It was SO sweet! He spent the rest of the summer falling asleep almost daily...in my arms. God knew I needed my fourth to be a cuddle bug.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I just couldn't believe, with all the other kids splashing around, how easy Ephram fell asleep. That is truly a 4th child. Able to sleep anywhere and in any circumstance! Love it!