Saturday, August 14, 2010

silly bandz



'In my day' we had jelly bracelets (and shoes), slinky bracelets, and koosh balls. Seems like they've tried to bring those things back a few times but they haven't really stuck...it'll never be the 80's again. (Though they did great bringing Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake back). I wanted to get some pictures of the current version of jelly bracelets.

Silly Bandz. When they first came out I thought they were cute but didn't realize they would be so popular! I had already decided we wouldn't be buying any but we didn't really need to. Our kids have been given so many silly bandz (or gone to Kid's Night at CFA and gotten them) that we don't need to buy any. They LOVE trading them with friends and each other. Whenever the 'big kids' have playdates the first thing they do is pull out all the silly bandz. I forget the count but the kiddos ALWAYS know exactly how many they have and can remember where most of them came from.

No comments: