Tuesday, June 14, 2011

trampoline!

When Brian got home from the beach and dropped Cailey off at New Life Camp he spent his day off (Memorial Day) putting together the HUGE surprise we got for the kiddos! We've been talking about a trampoline for a while but haven't looked into that much because of space/cost. I found an AWESOME deal on one through one of the thrifty blogs I follow so we decided to get it. I wanted it to be a surprise for the kiddos (as I love surprises) so we kept it secret for a few weeks until Brian could put it up without them being home. The three youngest were at the beach with me and Cailey was at camp so the timing was perfect!

I didn't say a word...just sent them out to play. It was SO hot that day but they ran right out. Kinsey noticed it first and got the biggest grin on her face! Then Braden saw it and they were SO excited! I have GOT to start videoing their reactions because it's just so cute! They've had a BLAST jumping on it and Braden spends more time outside now that we have it. They were told that they had to keep it secret from Cailey but were allowed to write about a 'BIG surprise' in their letters to her.

We were thinking we'd have to take out the swingset but thankfully it just had to be moved forward a little so they can still have both in our small backyard! It's very nice and shady in that part except for about an hour in the afternoon so they have been jumping on it even in the summer heat.



Cailey was beyond exhausted after staying up three hours past her bedtime every night but wanted to know what the surprise was. She kept guessing that someone was coming over or waiting at home. I asked her to go outside and hang her towel out to dry. I was waiting and captured her tired/excited smile. We all went out and jumped as a family and it was oh so fun! She has spent every day since jumping and keeps telling me it's the best gift she's ever gotten and how thankful she is for it! She LOVES to be active and play outside so we knew she'd love it. Ephram loves it too but I didn't take pics of him on it. We only let him jump on it by himself because I know how quickly he could get hurt.

After we all jumped on the trampoline and gots lots of hugs from our camp girl we caught lightning bugs together...it was a sweet night:).

No comments: