Thursday, September 29, 2011

CFA adoption fundraiser


We went and helped out with the Corbett adoption fundraiser a couple weeks ago and had so much fun serving/playing/chatting! The kids all got milk shakes with their meals which was exciting for them and then went to play with their friends...for hours! Cailey was a HUGE help in selling raffle tickets and sold at least 3/4 of them...seriously. She'd go table to table telling about their adoption from Ethiopia and even sold some to people who weren't there for the fundraiser! I was having girl scout cookie flashbacks because I always loved to sell too:). Cailey left so happy and excited about helping...and one of the highlights for her was being able to pick the names for the raffle items.



these pics crack ME UP!!


It was such a blessing to be a part of bringing home their daughter and we can't wait to meet her!! I wish I had taken a picture of them that night but since I was "manning" the raffle/auction table I didn't get my camera out very much:). SO neat to see how many people came and how many families were there with children who were adopted from different countries. Seriously it was like a glimpse of Heaven. AMAZING!! We are blessed to know them and were blessed to help!

No comments: