Wednesday, September 7, 2011

a day at the park


We had a free Friday and since it was cool out we headed out to a park...then onto a greenway. We had so much fun together chasing, balancing, having contests, sliding, swinging, and walking! When Cailey and Braden were younger and I was teaching preschool we would go to this park often...on our free days. I pushed them in the baby swing together back then:). This is the park where I told Laura about Brian's new job and that we were going to adopt Kinsey...we were pushing the girls in the BABY swing when I told her. I SO wish I took as many pictures back then!






then we headed down to the greenway so the kids could explore.






Thanks to Bryce they are SUPER brave when it comes to climbing down rocks and going into creeks now when before they were scared of snakes, etc. Mommy is still scared and was sure to let them know that I would NOT be going in and saving them from creatures. Thankfully they didn't need saving because everyone knows that if I HAD to I hopefully would step up...even for a snake...maybe. They found three creeks that they had fun climbing down into and throwing rocks....but were sad to not find any exciting bugs that were alive (though lots of huge dead ones). Even so they were beaming pretty much the whole day. It was a great non planned morning with my babies and Alex. Ephram and Alex threw rocks from above:). They spent several hours and would have stayed longer if their tummies weren't ready for lunch.


1 comment:

Laura said...

WOW....I remember that day! Crazy.