Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tricia's baby shower



I threw a baby shower for my sweet friend, Tricia, the day after Kinsey's sleepover. I started working on everything earlier in the week so it would all be ready! I've never thrown a whole shower by myself before (other than hosting, attending, and helping) so I got some GREAT food, decorative, and game ideas off of pinterest...seriously don't know what people did before the Internet!

I made blue chocolate dipped pretzels, a veggie tray, chips and salsa, sweet and sour meatballs (that were in the crockpot on a table behind the picture), cookie dough dip (BIG hit!) with pink lady apples and graham crackers for dipping, jelly bean/lifesaver pacifiers glued with white chocolate, and blue punch with white clouds. I totally forgot to get a picture (and didn't really take many during the shower) but decorated with a garland of blue balloons that I sewed together.

Beth enjoys making cakes and does a GREAT job...check out the one she made for Tricia! Thank you:)!


I was so excited for Tricia to see everything and have a great time:).


Again...didn't take many pictures but I had four games. The first one you can see in the picture on the left. I made pacifier necklaces with jelly beans and life savers for each person. If you said the word "baby" then whoever heard you got to take your necklace. The goal was to collect as many necklaces by the end of the shower. The winner ended up with about 8 or 9!

The second was a Nursery Rhyme game where you had to look at the given clues and figure out 15 nursery rhymes...this was my favorite game! Love it:)! The winner knew 11!

The next game was funny...and not one I was very good at. I gave each person a small pack of play dough and they had to shape theirs into a baby using just the play dough and a toothpick for details. I thought everyone did MUCH better than me:)!! Tricia picked the winning one anonymously and chose the one who used 'texture' for hair...which was Beth's!


the babies!

Finally we played a present BINGO game where people wrote down what gifts they thought Tricia would receive on a Baby Bingo paper Brian made for me and whoever got BINGO first won a prize. Some people gave her several things in one bag so I was worried the game would only last for a couple gifts but it ended up lasting a long time because of the order she happened to open them in. I thought it was a great first 'complete' shower and was happy to throw it for her! I can't wait to meet baby esh and love on him!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Girl....this was AWESOME:)