Monday, February 6, 2012

AHG Lock In


kinsey and lily...........cailey with abby and ashley

The girls are having a great time in AHG this year had a lock in night filled with crafts, games, lots of girl time and a movie (Ramona). Kinsey was able to go until 9:00 but then we picked her up..and Cailey stayed all night long. She said they went to sleep at 3:30am and we got her at 8. When she came home she went right to sleep and slept until 1:30, so she still had a 'full nights' sleep and was fine the rest of the day.


setting up her sleeping bag next to Abby

This was a SUPER busy day which started with 7:45am piano lessons for Cailey, then co op, AHG, her basketball game, and back to AHG...so I thought she would be SUPER grumpy the next day but she surprised us all:).

Cailey is my VERY outgoing social butterfly who rarely lacks for confidence and tends to look for deep friendships with just a few girls in her life rather than TONS of friends from all different places. As she's getting older she's finding it a bit harder because this is the age where kids hang out in groups vs. one on one. I struggle with intervening and mostly just hang back to see what happens...even though sometimes my heart breaks for her. We have a lot of talks about how even though someone is hanging out in a group it does NOT mean they aren't your friend anymore..and you can join them. I see her wheels turning every Friday at co op..desiring to be with only one girl (which depends on the week:)...when everyone else wants to be in a group. It's interesting because my normally VERY confident girl (with her 'core' friends) can turn into the shy one in a second of not knowing who to hang out with. Ugh. Hard for this mama. I totally understand the desire for the deeper friendship but I know that it's totally normal for people to want to all hang out together. Will be interesting to see how things develop over the next few years. LOTS of prayer!

Kinsey LOVES AHG and looks forward to going every week! Her leaders are great and it's been nice to be able to drop them off and go home while the boys nap then pick them up when it's over. It's also nice that it's every other week:). GREAT way to meet some like minded friends who are home schooled.

Kinsey is my shy girl in social situations. I am actually JUST learning this about her...over the past couple of months. She is the 'life of the party' at home and totally outgoing, loud, silly, fun, and never goes without having something to say:). At AWANA, co op, AHG, and some of her other activities I hear things like, "she's so quiet" and think WHAT?? CLEARLY you are thinking of someone else! After hearing it a couple places, friends have told me she's the exact same way at their houses..quiet and reserved. Now, when she's with close friends she isn't shy (so maybe it's a comfort level thing)...but in group situations not in our home or when she is learning from someone other than me she's a quiet/shy girl. I am so glad we have other sources for our children to learn so I can see these different sides of their personalities!

Lord help me with my sweet girls!

No comments: