Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Garden



This is a book that Ephram picked out at the library and one that we all loved! It's about a girl whose mom has a garden and she describes everything that is planted in it. During the story she talks about what SHE would have planted in her garden such as polka dotted flowers, bushes with jelly beans, NO weeds ever, and all sorts of cute things.

I decided to make this a journal prompt for the three oldest as we brainstormed what sorts of things they would want to have in their own gardens and wanted to remember their stories.

Kinsey's Garden (at this point she dictates the story while I write it down. I do not help her with the wording as I want it to be her story. After the entire story is written down she copies it so she has a model of correct spelling and punctuation. We just started this in January).

If I could have any garden I would have my favorite foods in it. I would plant a pepperoni bush so my pepperoni would fall off like leaves. When I would come outside I would pick up the pepperoni and eat it. My garden would have a blue tree with pink clementines growing on it. Lollipops would grow on the bushes and there would be a strawberry garden. Sweet juicy purple watermelon would grow near the pepperoni bush. I love my garden!

Braden's Garden (both Braden and Cailey write independently)

If I could make my own garden I would plant a lot of foods that I like in it. It would be fun but hard work too.
I would plant buttercups that would taste like Reece's Pieces. There would be some chocolate trees that would have pieces of nuts and pretzels in a hole in the tree. Whenever I took a bite of something it would grow right back. There would be a milk fountain where you could drink as much as you wanted. A boat would be going around my milk lake that would have gigantic mushrooms for lily pads. My lake would never get dirty and sour fish would swim around in it. I would feed them enough food each day that they would never die. If I got hungry while feeding them I could reach in and eat one.
I'd grow a field of tomatoes near my house that could grow to be as big as a wheel. There would be invisible mosquitoes and flies in my garden that wouldn't bite. They would live off of dust that they find. I'd love to have my own garden.

Cailey's Garden

If I had a garden where I could grow anything I wanted I would have a place just for my favorite foods! One of the things I would plant in my garden is flower shaped lollipops where every time I picked one another one would appear. I also would want to have a jelly bean bush with millions of jelly beans on it. My last favorite food would be a tree with shrimp and linguini in it.
The second section of the garden would be the favorite drinks I would have. Chocolate milk would come out of an everlasting fountain which would taste delicious. I also would want to have a water fountain that pours out soda and juice instead! When I'd tell it to pour out a certain kind it would pour out the same kind I asked it for.
My last section would be just for flowers. There would be four rows of each of the seven colors, red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, and pink. I would love my very own garden. It would be awesome!

So fun to see what each of them would plant!

No comments: