Saturday, December 22, 2012

poor sick baby boy

 Ephram has spent the past couple days snuggling with me because he's been a very sick boy. I took him to the doctor yesterday to be sure it wasn't the flu and sure enough the test came back negative.  He's had a fever, bad cough, clear runny nose, and teardrop eyes.  Poor guy keeps one tissue for his nose and one for his runny eyes. I tried to rest with him on the couch and turned on Sesame Street but he wanted nothing to do with that and just wanted to "wock in the wocking chair" with me. I had NO problem snuggling my sad boy.
 He slept with me last night and had a pretty rough night..waking up and almost delirious.  He would scream things out and just cry and cry unable to be calmed easily.  Today he wanted to just be held all day until about 1:00 when the motrin must have FINALLY kicked in and he ate two pancakes and played Legos for a while with Brian. He's been great about drinking juice all day but has no appetite.

When he was feeling better (around 1pm) the kids gave him this set of three Jake's Neverland pirate set which made him smile:). It was the FIRST smile I had seen from him in two days!

As I type he's crying out in his bed again...I'm praying for a better boy tomorrow because I just feel terrible when any of my babies feel sick!

1 comment:

April Grasty said...

Bless his poor little heart! Hope he perks up enough to enjoy Christmas...may it be a blessed time for your entire clan, Heather