Thursday, March 24, 2011

mother's helper





When I was younger I used to LOVE being a mother's helper (which then led to years of babysitting starting at 12, then on to teaching children...and having four:). I loved everything about it and have vivid memories of playing with two babies/toddlers when I was 8-10. I would fix their hair, read to them, you name it...anything just to help! (Well...I didn't change diapers:).

Cailey's been asking about being a mother's helper and does an AWESOME job with Ephram daily so I asked Beth if she could watch Addison for her while she got things done around the house. This way she'll be close enough in case there's an emergency but can still do things...plus Cailey will get great experience and find out if she wants to babysit in the future. Beth said yes (who would turn down someone loving on your baby??:) so Cailey's thrilled!

We watched Addison a couple weeks ago and Cailey got some great practice. She played babies, did hair, had a parade, made lunch, and did pretty much whatever Addison wanted to do. They had a BLAST! They spent much of their time upstairs but I was able to snap some pictures.

No comments: