Saturday, December 17, 2011

gingerbread party


nope...it wasn't a puppy party. BUT the williams DID get a new puppy and my children were in love! how could you not be with a teeny tiny cutie??


I don't love making gingerbread houses...because it doesn't come easy to me and I don't like stressing out about the frosting being too hard or too soft so I quickly learned last year that Beth was the master and relied on her once again this year:). She's a fan of the premade frosting kits...and hers WAS the only one that was left standing at the end of the night so I can see why she likes them.

Mom made our gingerbread houses from scratch growing up...and they were AWESOME! They were giant..I remember thinking they were so cool. One year she made one that was so amazing she sprayed it with something so it could be saved over the years. I did not inherit that talent. Love to cook. Love to bake. Do not love to build structures and fear them falling.


Kelly and Molly were working in the kitchen and we kept hearing them laugh and say that something didn't look right. Beth and I were busy trying to hold my house together before decorating but finally made our way to see what was so funny. These girls were COVERED in frosting!! I don't feel like the picture does them justice...it was WAY worse than it looks here:). Also, their houses were a bit messed up because their roofs were serving as walls...yikes! Their frosting was so drippy they ended up using their hands. We got a GREAT laugh when we saw them:)!!


Cailey took this picture of us trying to rebuild their houses and hold them together.


Here is our house...then before we left the roof fell off:(. The kids still had fun making it! The older two wanted a pattern...or order but Kinsey and Ephram wanted to throw everything on wherever...so it's a bit of both:).


sigh.

No comments: