Sunday, March 4, 2012

date with my baby girl


Kinsey and I went on a date to get her ears pierced on February 26th! She has been wanting them done for a long time but the rule in our family is you have to be able to ride your bike, tie your shoes, and read (to a certain level in our Phonics book) first. It's been great incentive for both girls and I'm so glad we came up with it! Kinsey's known how to ride her bike and tie her shoes for a couple years and got to the lesson in the Phonics book this week:)!! She's been counting them down every day for months and everyone else in the family was JUST as excited as she was:)!! I am SO very proud of you my Kinsey girl!

She's been so excited about it that she really hadn't asked about the pain until we were walking into the mall. I told her that it would hurt for a second just like a shot and then would be over. She was still very excited and picked out her pink "October" earrings and sat very still for the first one to go in.

Then my sweet sweet Kinsey girl started WAILING (just like Cailey did) and wanted no part of the other earring. Clearly I wasn't gonna let her go home with just one so with some prayer and gentle physical restraint she got the other one pierced. After crying a few minutes she was her normal happy self again...YAY! And SO glad she got her ears pierced.



Afterwards we finished our date with a cookie! She picked Snickerdoodle because
she "always" picks m&m and wanted to try something different now that
her ears were pierced. She cracked me up! I treasure the one on one time I had
with my sweet kinsey girl and am SO proud of her! Love you, little lu.

No comments: