Friday, November 23, 2012

skirts and dresses only.



Oh, my Cailey girl. I love you so much, love bug. In August you decided that you wanted to wear only skirts and dresses. It's been fun watching you create your own style...even wearing skirts as play clothes:). You asked if we could get you a running skirt for soccer instead of black shorts but we were told that was against policy...you were ok with it. But for over a month now you've kept it up. I don't know how long you will but I love that you love it. Nonny LOVES this girly side of you and has even made you new dresses for the winter since I had already bought (and was given hand me downs) which are mainly pants or fancy Christmas dresses.

You are pretty opinionated about your hair and want to fix it yourself now. BUT you still don't mind matching Kinsey on Friday's:). (Thankfully you both have lots of matching summer skorts). You also don't mind if I offer to fix your hair.

You are still my outside loving girl...just with a skirt or dress now:). You still love to get messy..even with blueberries all over your face and hands:).

You are maturing before our eyes these days..it's almost like something changed when you turned 10. The old Cailey still comes out (especially when you are tired!) but you are growing up so fast.

I love you, my girl.

Mommy

Update: It's November now and you've decided it's okay to wear pants in the winter. Because you don't want to get your skirts and dresses dirty when playing outside..plus you don't want to be cold. After a while you forgot about it completely and started wearing pants dailey. You STILL love to get all dressed up (especially when we are going somewhere) but for now..pants are ok again:).



No comments: