Monday, February 18, 2013

14 days of small love gifts

 I bought this cute Valentine holder off of etsy this year and was excited for February to begin. I told the kids that there would be a clue put in it everyday...but never at the same time. They would look with excitement until one appeared then worked together to figure it out and find the gift. 

 Day one the clue said, "You color my world with happiness." I got four packs of Crayola twistables from an Amazon Lightning deal and hid them. They found them behind the baskets!

 Most of the gifts were small but they loved the excitement of getting a clue, finding the gift, and knowing how much their mama loved them to do this everyday!


 "You're my treasure"  The family room floor was filled with all sorts of change and they were told they could collect it and split the coins evenly. It was a great math activity for Kinsey!

 "You light up my life with happiness"...I got  glow sticks and the clue was there at bedtime so they each got to bring the glow sticks to bed with them.

 "You are so charming I am lucky and blessed to have you in my life" (This clue was out first thing in the morning so they got Lucky Charms for breakfast)

 "Life is a circus with you around, full of fun and lots to do! I love you" This was animal crackers. They found it right before co op so they could bring it as a snack.

 "My life is sweeter with you around"...mini crunch bars which they found right before dinner and had for dessert.

" I love your bear hugs! They are so special!"...teddy grahams

 "You're a great catch! So glad I have you"...these came the day before the dentist!  We were sure to brush their teeth extra well after the chewy fish:).

 "You're the apple of my eye"  They thought they were looking for apples but it was applesauce that came in time for lunch to excited children! I love how small things are so exciting when presented with a clue and a hunt.

 "it's o-fish-al, you're the best kid ever." they guessed gold fish right away but had trouble finding them on top of kinsey's fish bowl! Again...these came at snack time.


 "You blow me away" Each one got their own pack of gum right after school


"I wheelie love you" I wasn't quite sure how this one would go but picked up a pack of eight small cars at the dollar store. They ALL loved their two cars and raced each other. They still play with the cars...I'm glad it was a hit for all four.

Somehow I forgot to get a picture of them on this day but while we were at the museum I bought them all earth bouncy balls (while Kelly distracted them) to go with the clue, "I have a ball with you" and hid the bouncy balls. They had been playing with them at the museum and were thrilled that they EACH got one!

"Hope your day is Marvelous and Magnificent, just like you!" It took them a while to figure out what they were looking for on most of the days but this one was especially hard. I started hiding them in harder places too so they were stumped until I told them to look at the clue closely and notice the lettering. Braden notice the two M's were capitalized and figured out what they were looking for. This was on Valentine's day and they got chocolate raspberry m&m's...which they had a few of and shared with their party friends.


Brian surprised me with tulips on three different occasions! Pink/white ones, deep purple, and red...plus Cheryl gave me red ones for my birthday!


It was a lot of fun for me to collect the items, make the clues, hide them, and see their joy in the little gifts daily.  I'm already thinking of clues for next year! 

No comments: