Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


I have such a great time celebrating these 'smaller' holidays with the kids and this Valentine's day was no different.  We started breakfast off with Krispy Kreme (from our field trip yesterday) heart shaped donuts, pink milk with heart shaped ice, strawberries, and red apples.

Throughout the decorating process we took 'photo shoot breaks outside'.



Lunch was their favorite meal and most fun to make!  I made red fruit kabobs using raspberries, watermelon, red apples, strawberries, and red grapes.  I also cut tomatoes in the shape of a heart (using two for each heart) and red peppers in heart shapes...which was Braden's idea.  They had craisins and cute pepperoni heart sandwiches as well. Oh...and their drink was a Valentine's float complete with whipped cream and a cherry!

We made lots of crafts and decorated the house together using decorations from years past and new things.

After lunch I was cleaning and then peeked out the window to see them reading together. It was a PRECIOUS moment that I had to capture.

Kinsey came in and said, "Happy Valentine's Day Mommy!  These are for you because I love you!"  All of the kids made me such sweet Valentine's day cards and Brian got me more tulips...my favorite!

Cailey stayed up very late the night before making amazing Valentine's for each member of the family. I am amazed at her giving heart!  She gave homemade cards and candy taped onto each one....along with sweet notes.


I kept Ephram home from preschool because I wanted him to spend the whole day with us!  Yes...he missed his party...but I know he had way more fun with us. Plus he begs to stay home on preschool days so he was excited I finally said yes.

writing Valentines
posing in front of our decorated fireplace!  all the kids helped decorate the house.


I made strawberry chocolate chip heart shaped brownies for snack along with cranberry juice and white chocolate hearts and monograms.

Since Cailey had basketball we didn't have time for a big dinner beforehand so I gave them a 'first dinner' and second dinner...like Hobbits:) (We often call Ephram a Hobbit as he likes to eat all day long.) They had red fruits, strawberry yogurt, and heart shaped carrots and cucumbers.

Cailey said she was going to score one basket each for Brian and I and did!
After ball I made red velvet pancakes, strawberries, and heart shaped bacon...which they DEVOURED!
I love showing my babies how much I care for them by serving and having fun with them!  They had a great day (and even got school done in between the fun).

Brian and I got to go on a date yesterday while the kids were at Awana.

No comments: