Saturday, February 23, 2013

glasses

Cailey has always wanted to wear glasses. You always want what you don't need/can't have!  She's also always wanted braces and will most likely get that desire...though we try to tell her otherwise. I have worn glasses since I was 15 months old (would have been younger if they did that at that age) and I just couldn't wait to get contacts at 12 years old. Her desire for them cracks me up!

We were at the mall for Braden's pinewood derby and had some time to kill. Since she's wanted glasses for so long I decided...why not? She picked out these cute turquoise ones and wore them everyday at first. It's been over a week and now she wears them only when she remembers.  She loves people thinking she 'needs' them but then fesses up that they are fake:).  On Sunday she was nervous to go into her Sunday school class with her friends who were outside (and ALL 4 of them wear glasses!) They were excited that she got them too but one said, "I can't wait until I'm 12 next year so I can get contacts"...lol!

Though she looks adorable in them, I'm thankful that she doesn't need them...which is amazing with Brian and I as her parents! We think she's a cutie patootie with or without the glasses.

No comments: