Sunday, December 23, 2007

Fellowship with Friends-laid back edition

This holiday season has been MUCH busier because of my job...so busy that I haven't even bought a turkey and everything else I need for Christmas dinner yet. Somehow I've managed to be a laid back about it, which is very unlike me! Instead I've planned play dates, gone out to dinner with a friend, and even had people over for dinner (all of which were planned only a couple days in advance). Those of you who know me well can understand how much of a change this is for me! I NEVER wait until the last minute to do anything...especially when I have people over for dinner. I feel freed in a sense and did something new this time. I actually was okay with ordering pizza...well...okay may not be the right word but I wasn't stressed out at least and we got to spend time with some new friends. I was sure to let her know, of course, that I usually cook up a storm and they were the first people I've ever had over for the first time and ordered pizza for. It was great! No clean up...easy dinner...and all the kids loved it:). We had a great time getting to know Beth and Anthony better and the kids enjoyed themselves upstairs (most of the time anyways!)

No comments: