Saturday, December 15, 2007

More Cailey-isms

I pick Cailey up from school everyday (I still can't imagine her riding the bus by herself yet:) and she has to listen for her carpool number. Normally she has no problem and comes as soon as they call the number. Yesterday when I went to pick her up she wasn't coming when they called the number and I was really starting to get nervous about it. Finally I pulled up and told them her name and she came to the van. When I asked her why she didn't come she said, "Because they never called my number." I was flustered and said, "Cailey, they called your number THREE times." She said, "No mommy, they said 8 4 3 (eight four three) not 843 (eight FORTY three). Oh brother! I took it as a teachable moment and we talked about how even though the numbers are said separately it stills means the same thing. Who knew...my smarty pants actually learned something today:)!

So we continued on the drive home and she was excited to tell me that they did the last special student of the week and it was Michelle. I said, "Oh...did you learn how to write and spell her name?" (It's something they do every week with the special student) She said, "she's not a grown up" and I replied, "I know baby, I know she's a friend in your class." Then Cailey said, "why does everyone call her Ms. Chelle if she's not a grown up?" How funny is that??? She's right though, if you say it fast it does kinda sound like that! I had the hardest time telling her that MICHELLE does not mean Ms. Chelle. It still tickles me to think that she's been in school since July and thought that this friend's name was Ms. Chelle!!:)

1 comment:

Eve said...

that is too funny about Michelle:O)