Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Twelve Hours of Baking

One of the kids favorite songs right now is the Twelve Days of Christmas so I thought I'd come up with a similar song about my weekend of baking, baking and MORE baking. I ended up baking 11 different kinds and then two chocolate covered things(which take forever), most of which were either doubled or tripled. It took longer than usual because I let the kids help out a lot on Saturday but it was worth it! While Cailey and Braden were at Awana I even let Kinsey help me bake the Pizelles...which really meant I read to her while they were in the iron and let her eat some:) And for those of you wondering, yes...the song is true...I really did use those amounts of ingredients!

"The Twelve Hours of Baking"
12 hours of baking
11 kinds of cookies
10 lbs of flour
9 cups of coconut
8 'spoons of vanilla
7 lbs of sugar
6 lbs of butter
5 cups of peanut butter
4 lbs chocolate
3 children tasting
2 dozen eggs
and a mommy baking all day!


All the kids love helping me out....for some reason
we don't have any Braden pics, but know he was
right there helping me measure, mix and pour:)


They ate LOTS of cookies (and Cailey enjoyed
a chocolate covered marshmallow) but once again...where
are the Braden pics? I wasn't the one taking the pictures this time-
I was way too busy!


As you can imagine the kitchen was a disaster during
and after all that baking. Well it must have been really bad
because while I was still baking Kinsey decided to go find her
broom and sweep up...all on her own without anyone planting the
idea in her head! Very cute-but should I be offended?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! After the SMALL amount of baking I've done the last few days I can't IMAGINE doing what you do.....you go girl!

jackie said...

i adore and appreciate your baking efforts and the fact the brian shares some of the cookies with me every christmas. i had some for breakfast today! :)

Janet said...

My kids would never want to leave your home if we came for a visit. They would call you the "coolest mommy ever!" You are amazing!