Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Class Project!

On Monday Cailey brought home a paper saying that their 100th day of school was on Wednesday so they needed to do a project with 100 objects. It's a cute concept that we didn't do when I was in school (a LONG LONG time ago) and is a great way to work on math skills. This week has been busy for me so I was concerned with what we were going to do....I thought about Skittles, M&M's, and pennies but remembered candy does NOT do well glued on poster board-SO my friend (and boss, Sheree) suggested we use do-a-dots! I thought it was a brilliant idea...and free, which really made me happy! So today when Cailey got home she decided she wanted to make a rainbow using 100 dots. It was a cute idea and she did a great job! I must say that I am not a fan of these last minute projects though!

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

very cute! :)

Janet said...

What a great idea! I love it! We didn't celebrate "100th day" either way back when. How fun!