Monday, August 11, 2008

Favorite times....

My parents don't have a swing set or bikes for the kids to ride, so they actually have to be creative when they are at Nonny and Poppy's house. They have a few favorites that they always go to.

Outside:
Bubbles!- Of course those are fun anywhere...Kinsey especially enjoys them!

The 'swing'- Cailey has figured out some creative ways to play on it this time:)

Running around the circle- definitely a daily event (sometimes twice!) They love to hide, chase each other and play tag around a big oak tree in the cul de sac here.
Tree 'climbing'- they can't actually climb the trees, but they ask me to pick them up and put them in the trees a lot!

A summer fav- picking vegetables out of the garden with Poppy.



Inside the house:
random toys, coloring, water colors, playing with Buddy and Polly (the dogs), reading, board games, playing the piano (or listening to Poppy play it), helping Nonny cook, etc.
They LOVE to come here and spend time with Nonny and Poppy...I'm so glad to be able to keep a record of their favorite things to do at their house!

3 comments:

Eve said...

Awesome things to do at the grandparents! I know that once my child gets to be at that age and at my parents house he/she will have to be creative too!

Amanda said...

It looks as if y'all are having a great visit. The "Creative" things at the grandparents can be the most fun to look back at when they get older. I still remember playing Red Light/Green Light in hall at my grandmothers house when I was a kid.

Janet said...

That is wonderful! I read a book where it said that we MUST allow kids to be bored before they will actually be creative. Kids, today, are missing out on a lot of creativity. What wonderful memories you have made for your kids at their grandparent's house!