Saturday, August 16, 2008

soccer mom

I played soccer one year when I was a kid. Only one year because I got hit in the stomach with the ball (and the air knocked out of me) and decided I never wanted to play it again. I was pretty young, but for some reason I can still remember it. I didn't ever think I'd have any soccer players...I played softball, basketball, swimming, and danced (and was terrible at all of them..but still did them for a BUNCH of years) and just thought we'd stick to those sports. Well...Cailey decided she wanted to play soccer. Since she LOVES to run, I thought it would be great for her. Brian took her out last night to get cleats, a new ball, and shorts (we were able to borrow shin guards from a friend). He was so cute..he wanted everything to be pink AND the same brand so it would match for her. (Usually I'm so cheap I want the neutral color so the others can wear it). She was SO excited and apparently ran all over the store:)! This morning she had to get up early and was grumpy until Brian told her she got to go to practice..her attitude COMPLETELY changed and she couldn't wait to get dressed.


she wants me to post more next time so
she can wear her team shirt:)


Coach Rick was AWESOME with her! She
was the only one who had never played and he
constantly encouraged her!


she was able to do LOTS of running..not too
familiar with soccer practice, but it involves
a ton of drills..mostly with running. even if they had
to get water, he had them RUN!


more advice from Coach Rick when
about to run a drill

Cailey had so much fun and truly can't wait to go back. She has never been THIS excited about any of her extra curricular activities so I'm guessing as long as she doesn't get hit in the stomach with the ball (which we warned her about) she'll be ok:). Guess this means I'm officially a soccer mom.


1 comment:

Caroline said...

I am so excited for her to play soccer. My bro played pee-wee soccer and enjoyed it. You and me, well, we know what we played - and didn't really enjoy it. I like organized sports, but some of them require a little too much coordination!