Wednesday, November 5, 2008

book boy

It's no secret that Braden has LOVED books since he was a baby. Recently we've let him stay up and read for thirty minutes in his bed. On Halloween night I kept hearing a noise upstairs but couldn't figure out what it was. Finally at 10:00 I went upstairs to see what it was. Braden was READING books!! At 10:00 pm! Now, I'm all for literacy...and hated to be upset with him for reading, but really...TEN O'CLOCK at NIGHT? I'm guessing he was on a sugar high from all the candy he ate and couldn't fall asleep. Now that I think about it, I wonder how long he would have read? That's my silly, smart, sweet boy for ya!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I had to catch up on several posts. That cake you made was very good too and the one about the things the kids said was funny, especially about the southwest girls. That got your attention didn't it?

Gotta go to Wal-Mart today and get some walnuts!!

Anonymous said...

I remember that! I have to admit I love reading late into the night too!

The Hilemans said...

K will do the same thing if I don't remember to tell him what time he has to turn off his light!