Saturday, November 8, 2008

overcoming a fear

I took Kinsey to Chick Fil A for kids night and the cow showed up. Usually she FREAKS out when he comes near but little by little she got closer to it until finally she gave him a hug! Then she was giving 'high fives' and dancing with the cow!! I was really excited because I was hoping she'd get over her fear of costumed characters before we went to Disney World at the end of the month. It's progress and I was SO proud of her! She did, however, leave the play area SCREAMING hysterically because she was scared of a child who had his face painted...oh well...one step at a time:).

2 comments:

McLeod Family said...

Heather,

The first time we took my daughter to Disney she was SO scared of the characters. We sat her down and talked to her about them being people dressed up in a costume. That seemed to really help her. I don't know if Kinsey is old enough to understand that but it might help.

Janet said...

That IS a big thing for Kinsey! Awesome! Remember that kid, at co-op, wearing the president's mask and Kinsey watching him like a hawk. I still get a chuckle out of that!