Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bok Bok Moo Cow


Guess Who??





We went to Chick Fil A for blue receipt day on Friday. That morning I got an email from Janet saying that she was going to be the Cow that day. (I've heard her say that she'd LOVE to do it sometime on more than one occasion so I was not at all shocked or surprised by this.) BUT since Kinsey is TERRIFIED of the cow I thought it would be a great way for her to get over her fear. We talked about it ALL MORNING....telling her that Mrs. Megilligan (who she LOVES) was going to be wearing the cow costume at Chick Fil A. She was really excited and said that she wasn't going to be scared or change her mind and she was going to give the cow hugs. I kept reiterating that it was Mrs. Megilligan in the COSTUME and Cailey and Braden were super excited about it so I thought that would help too.

When we first got there the cow was on break...so the kids ate their food while looking and waiting for her to come out. Finally she came out just as the ice cream came and Cailey and Braden RAN to her, danced with her, hugged her, and were just beyond excited about the whole thing. Initially Kinsey ran with the other kids for a second and then this happened:




this is the look i'd get EVERY time i suggested we go
say hi to Mrs. Megilligan and she'd shout NO!! I NO WANT TO!!
and shake her head back and forth

At one point Janet started coming towards us and Kinsey just LOST IT and was holding onto me for dear life. Janet was so sweet and just backed off but I was hoping that Kinsey would be ok. I kinda wish I would have gone into the bathroom with Janet and had her pull her cow head off so Kinsey could see it was her. Oh well....she'll lose her fear soon enough:). I'm just thankful that for some reason her fear of costumed characters didn't follow us to Disney last year!


there's that look again a few minutes later


she finished on a happy note...most of all because
the cow went outside:)

1 comment:

Sandy M. said...

How cute! You really captured all the expressions of this precious little girl. Hope you have a great time at the beach!