Friday, August 14, 2009

Triples at Harris Teeter




**i left two boxes of tea bags out of this picture...oops!**

This week is triple coupon week at Harris Teeter and I've learned that things go quickly! I was able to get everything you see for free and even get $5.10 in cash back!! I bought 15 General Mills items everytime (and had coupons for each one) which took $5 off my total. Also, I got catalina's back for the fruit snacks. When I went to my Harris Teeter with Anne today she used her card to get me some groceries and her catalina didn't print out. Then when it was my turn the same thing happened. The manager was SO nice about it and said that the machines were broken and ended up giving us each $5.10 back in CASH!! So in all I got three catalinas: one for $3.50, and then the two cash ones for $5.10. I spent $8.60 of the catalina's and still have $5.10 left. Basically HT paid me $5.10 to take all this off their hands. Most of the coupons for this stuff can be found on coupons.com or smartsource.com. There were also coupons in the newspaper for the same items. I've been to HT three times; once with my friend, Sonja, once with Brian, and once with Anne. Brian and Anne had seperate orders while I had my own which is how I've gotten so much. No, I don't usually go to the store three times, but I found that they were out of a TON! It also helps that it's five minutes down the street from me. Now I've figured out when they're stock and will be better prepared to go ONE time next month:).

I haven't been posting pictures lately because I wasn't getting anymore feedback and thought people didn't want to see them or hear about the sales. Since then I've gotten emails asking for me to post them again...if you want these to hang around, then leave comments so I know that!!

Our budget has remained low thanks to all the great sales, and free/cheap produce at Food Lion and Target. This week Target has bananas for .56/lb but they have a printable coupon for .50 off each lb. They also have a coupon for $1.00 off 1 or more lbs of apples and have some apples on sale for 1.00/lb. I was able to buy 10 lbs of bananas and 5 lbs of apples for around .57.

Remember to comment or ask questions and I'll answer them back!

5 comments:

Laura said...

you are the MASTER...I bow at the feet of the master:) hee hee!
Going this afternoon for round two!

Anonymous said...

where do you get the target printables? (i'm the one who met you in the parking lot of HT the other day!)

Heather said...

hey! the Target printables came from here:
http://www.organicgrocerydeals.com/forums/view.php?pg=coupon_generator
(just scroll down to the bottom). Oh..and apples aren't on sale this week but you can still get a great deal on bananas.

Cherish said...

Thanks! any other good places to go for online coupons other than smartsource, redplum, coupons.com??

Heather said...

Those are the main coupon sites but Money Saving Mom dot com is a great place to find out about deals, too.