Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ephram Aiken Barbour





Our long, emotional, trying journey of completing our family is over! We got the referral (phone call) yesterday and an email filled with pictures and information about Ephram. We are overjoyed!! Even though it's been a long time coming I was honestly SHOCKED because I thought maybe it wasn't going to happen. Another surprising thing is that he was born on June 3, 2009. We were told that we would be getting an older baby (10-12 months old) yet we're getting this sweet baby boy. The baby that God handpicked for our family. The baby that we have waited a LONG time for. I am just smiling so big...can't get over this! It's the third time I've gotten this phone call, but just as exciting.

Once we do all the paperwork and get it mailed back we'll wait 3-4 months before traveling to Korea to pick him up. We've never had to travel before so this is all new to us! I just can't wait to kiss those cheeks:)

14 comments:

Eve said...

long e or f sound at the beginning of Ephriam's name! I want to make sure I am pronouncing it correctly! Love you and so excited for you and the Barbour Family!

Amy said...

Congratulations!! I love hearing stories about "the call" or seeing the first pictures. Wonderful and exciting news!!!

McLeod Family said...

Tears streaming as my heart is overjoyed for you and your family Heather. I am honestly just speechless...he is beautiful!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

i am so excited!!! congrats! the long wait is over and i know he'll be worth every minute and every tear cried over this long journey! what a moment that will be for you and Brian...to hold your sweet baby boy! and you're right, God has hand picked him for your family and knew when the right time would be to bring him home to you! let the countdown begin... :)

jason and jen said...

Congratulations....he is beautiful! I know first hand how awesome that call is and to get to see those sweet pictures...what a joy! Can't wait for more updates...

Janet said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news. I'm sure the kids are SO thrilled! God's timing is always good!

Kim Letteer said...

Congrats! There is nothing like getting that phone call!

Laura said...

I still can't get over the fact that I'm seeing these pics and that it's REAL!! SO thrilled and can't wait to be your "welcome home" crew:)

theklickfamily said...

He is just so cute. I can't wait for him and Carter to be best buds. Congrats!!! We are so happy for you!

Sandy said...

What a sweet & awesome story! Thanks for sharing it with us. Isn't it amazing how God's timing is always perfect? He knew him before he was born! And He knew that Ephraim was to be part of YOUR family. I can't wait to hug him, too!

Wilson Ramblings said...

That is awesome!!!!! I"m so excited for you guys!!!

KR said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations! He's precious.

Tricia Eshleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia Eshleman said...

Hey Heather! Ephram is adorable and I cannot wait for his arrival! What a blessing he will be :) I also love your blog and you are quite the photographer!! Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday night.

Tricia