Monday, November 30, 2009

For Those Who are Praying

I thought I'd do an adoption update for all you sweet friends who are praying for us. We spent the middle of last week in 'freak out' mode over the possibility of having to re do EVERYTHING from our homestudy to physicals for everyone and background checks. There wasn't anything we could do because of Thanksgiving so we actually spent a few days NOT worrying about it. It's amazing how when it was out of our hands we didn't worry!

Today I was very anxious. VERY ANXIOUS!! We didn't know where to start and weren't getting clear answers. Brian went downtown before work this morning to get our background checks done. After getting all of our appointments set (except for the one with our case worker who has to come to our home, etc.) we got a crazy call. Brian had called the 'one in charge' at AGA again to get answers and clarification. She hadn't been able to reach the CIS man but said we just needed to redo the whole thing. MAJOR ANXIETY over that. I was so stressed at one point that I was ready to throw in the towel...seriously. I just kept praying (and looking at catalogs) and felt peace come over me but still didn't know what to do.

WHILE I was on the phone with Brian (freaking out) the 'one in charge' beeped in on Brian's line and gave us crazy news. She said that all we needed were the background checks and our child abuse clearances redone. HUH??? (Now if you read back into the adoption timeline you'll see that getting my child abuse clearance the first time was crazy b/c they lost it...but it got done).

One would think I would have been OVERJOYED by this news...jumping up and down, in fact. I mean....not redoing the homestudy would be AWESOME!! However, after thinking that we were over the drama last week just by getting an addendum I am still very hesitant about this new development. After talking to lots of people I did end up canceling the dr. appt's and hope that was a wise decision (and that the CIS man doesn't change his mind about re doing it all again).

So basically Brian and I went over to AGA today and signed some papers. They will be sent to western NC and hopefully faxed back by the end of the week. They will then either be faxed to CIS man or Brian will take them to him. THEN hopefully Brian will be able to go pick up our approval. AGA thinks that this can all be done by the end of the week. I.WOULD.LOVE.THAT. We'll see, though. It's out of our hands. I'm praying that this is FOR REAL this time and that we aren't 'wasting' more time by putting off the inevitable (redoing the homestudy).

THEN the papers will FINALLY get mailed off to Texas for two weeks, mailed back, mailed to FCA, and then HOPEFULLY to Korea. Make Sense??? Please keep praying...thank you so much for your faithfulness and constant encouragement! You may just be witnessing a miracle in the making...we already call him our miracle baby!

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

praying for that miracle Heather!

Sandy said...

We will just keep on praying!!!