Saturday, November 21, 2009

November 21, 2008


One year ago today I took the kids with me to my doctor for our adoption. We were sitting in the room waiting for the nurse to come in and Cailey suddenly started asking me tons of questions about becoming a Christian. She said she wanted to do it right then. I thought maybe we should wait until Brian came home from work so he could really be sure she was ready. (I've always been very hesitant about kids being so young and truly being able to grasp the huge and awesome decision they are making). I know the bible says, "Let the little children come unto ME" and she was NOT letting the idea go. While the nurse was taking my blood pressure, my sweet Cailey girl asked Jesus to live in her heart forever!! Praise God! I was in shock!



Almost every day after that she asked when she could be baptized and share her testimony. It seems like we were out of town or couldn't work it out before the summer baptism but I think it worked out for the best!

Every since she was two her favorite verse was Romans 8:38-39..and she knew the whole thing!
Since she loved it for so many years I thought it's what she would want to share at her baptism but she chose Psalm 23 instead...so beautiful too!

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I am so thankful that our sweet Cailey made the most important decision of her life on November 21, 2008! We love you, Cailey!

This is a verse that I shared with her on her first 'Jesus birthday': 2Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
My sweet butterfly!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Her testimony was SO beautiful!!! Truly God is working in her little heart and how exciting it will be to see how the Lord uses her for His Kingdom.