Thursday, February 4, 2010

the TRAVEL call!!

We just got THE call to pick up sweet Ephram! I must say that even though I knew it was coming I am NOT prepared. The house stuff is ready, but we'll go today and get formula, bottles, gotta find some bibs, etc. (I KNOW we had tons of bibs but can't find them anywhere!). Making the travel arrangements has been much harder than I thought it would be but four hours later we finally have them.

Oh...I am sick today. I woke up feeling achy and awful, to which Brian said, "At least you have the weekend to feel better." I immediately said, "Unless we get the call today." He didn't think we would but I just had a feeling. AGH!! I saw the area code on the caller ID and knew it right away. I have been going on adrenaline ever since and am just so excited!

My mom is getting two feet of snow today and tomorrow but hopped in her car and is driving down. Please pray for her safety. We have AWESOME friends who are going to help out with the kids activities...thanks, girls! Mom will take care of the kiddos while we're gone and they are SO excited to see her!

We are flying out of RDU tomorrow morning at 6:57am and arrive in Chicago at 8:16 cst. Then we'll fly out of Chicago at 11:40am (Friday) and arrive in Korea at 4:50pm on Saturday (Korean time). PLEASE pray that we can rest as the time change is significant! (14 hours!)

The plan is that we'll rest when we get there and meet Ephram and foster family at their home on Monday. Then we won't see him again until Wednesday (my birthday:) when we'll be given the BEST birthday present ever! We'll have him for about 24 hours before we fly out of Korea on Thursday at 10:00 am (Korean time) and arrive in Atlanta at 9:20 am (Thursday EST)...It's gonna be Thursday for us for a LONG time:). We have a layover in ATL and will leave there at 1:00 Thursday and arrive home at 2:20. Whew! I hope that makes sense!

For those who want to meet us at the airport we'll keep you updated via the blog if anything changes. We will also update the blog with pics, news, etc. so keep reading for info! I have a TON to do right now otherwise I'd write more, but please keep us, our children, the foster mom, my mom, our friends, in your prayers!! Right now I am SO excited and can't stop smiling!! I need to make lists for mom, friends, pack, etc....thanks yall!!

6 comments:

The Lord Family said...

HOORAY!!! Can't wait to read the updates and see you at the airport!!

Nan said...

One word: AWESOME!

Wilson Ramblings said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GIRL!!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

this is just so exciting! i can't stop thinking about y'all! :) have FUN!!! can't wait to meet him! see you all thursday at the airport! :)

Sandy said...

Just can't imagine the excitement you must be feeling! I'll be praying!

Melissa said...

so excited for you all!!! he's such a cutie!! can't wait to hear more!!