Monday, February 8, 2010

Love at First Sight


these pics are a bit out of order but i thought the one
with all three of us should be first:)




most Korean men don't have facial hair
so Ephram was fascinated by it!


this was the first pic....just love this boy!


Ephram isn't able to sit up yet but rolls and scoots all over
the place. He also got himself up on his knees a few times.






he's SO happy and smiley! he reminds me a lot of how Kinsey
was as a baby.




this is his favorite position. we were told
that he's rocked (or walked) to sleep for ALL his naps and
bedtime. he sleeps on the floor with Mrs. Lee (the foster mom)
Ephram's going to have a lot of new things to get used to!



This is the case worker and Mrs. Lee. She prepared traditional Korean food as well as fruits...YAY!! That was a HUGE blessing that I've been the most nervous about. Brian ate some of the Korean food and I stuck with the fruit.


playing with daddy's face again


getting tickled by daddy! he laughed SO hard....it just makes
me tear up it was so sweet to hear.


anticipation...the tickle is coming...







sweet boy!

Today we went to SWS (the agency) at 1:15 and drove to Mrs. Lee's apartment to meet Ephram. The drive was about 35 minutes and took us all over Seoul including where the Olympics were held. Once we got there Mrs. Lee handed Ephram over right away and he nuzzled against me. It was truly love at first sight. I've seen his 4 month old pictures for so long that I wasn't sure what to expect and thought he'd look totally different. He is just so sweet and happy! He came to both Brian and I without a problem and never once cried.

Mrs. Lee said he doesn't nap well but stays happy a lot. I can tell how much she loves this boy...she was on the floor playing with him and just looked so natural. She was the one who was able to get him to smile (except for the pics where Brian is tickling him). It was neat to see her play 'peek a boo' and other things we knew in Korean. He does know how to say 'mama' and 'dada' in Korean and babbles in Korean.

We have known what the process of meeting him would be for months. However NOTHING could have prepared me to how I was going to feel when I had to give him back....and walk away....for two days. I've been so surprised by my reaction but I've been upset all evening. I just can't stop thinking about him. He's had this effect on me and I was only with him for a couple of hours...I can't begin to imagine how Mrs. Lee will feel on Wednesday. Please pray for her. Even though she knew this day would come, I'm sure it's still very sad.

Please pray for logistics in the hotel room (sleeping on the floor???) and on the plane. Please pray that my mind will be occupied with other things that being sad about being away from Ephram (not to mention being sad about missing our other three like crazy!!) Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This was a day I'll never forget! BUT Wednesday will be the best because I'll get to hold my sweet baby forever:). We will go pick him up at 1:00 on Wednesday. (It'll be Tuesday in Raleigh...we're trying to figure out his gotcha day:)

8 comments:

The Lord Family said...

Oh, he is just precious! I know you are just about to burst! Praying for smooth transitions and lots of peace for Mrs. Lee. Enjoy this time!

Rachel said...

Amazing photos! The joy on your face in the "first" photo is just priceless. So happy for you both! What a wonderful addition to your family. Praise the Lord!

Praying for you all and Mrs Lee too. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more pictures soon. :)
Psalms 37:4

anthonyandbeth said...

oh Heather! he is just adorable and you and Brian look SO happy to FINALLY be with him! :) i love how smiley he is. :) what a special time this is but i can only imagine how it was hard to leave him. i'll be praying for peace these next few days...i know you can't WAIT to get your family, all six of you, back together again! :) i will pray for Mrs. Lee too. what a blessing she has been to take care of Ephram. praying for all the transitions and can't WAIT to see y'all on Thursday!!!! yay!!!

Sandy M. said...

I just echo all that Beth, Rachel, & Heather wrote! He is beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet him!

The Hilemans said...

Such precious pictures! Ephram is so adorable and your joy is so evident! What a lucky little boy he is! We'll be praying for you all in the next few days!

Wilson Ramblings said...

he is absolutely adorable! I'm so excited for you and so thankful that he came right to you guys. the logistics will work out, God is in charge of all of those details!

Eve said...

so sweet! Wish I could be in Raleigh when you guys get home! It seems that it will be a tough transition but I know that God is with you guys and that it will work out in the end...and something that you told me in the beginning..he won't remember any of the transition once he is older:) Love you and praying still!

jason and jen said...

I am so glad that you got there safely and got to meet this precious little boy....he is ADORABLE!!! We can't wait to stay updated through your blog! You are all in our prayers!!!!