Friday, February 12, 2010

they LOVE and ADORE him


Cailey, Kinsey, and Braden LOVE and ADORE Ephram. From the second he came off the plane he was the center of attention. (My friends, Laura and Heather took pictures of them meeting him that I'll post as soon as I get...YAY:).



Cailey is SO excited about Ephram and tells everyone she comes in contact with about getting him from Korea yesterday. We were in Target picking up some bottles and she told the cashier all about him! She is just so in love with him! It's so sweet for me to see her with him and listen to her talk to him and tell him how special he is. She walks around talking about her precious baby brother and thanks God for him at every mealtime prayer (unprompted). She also keeps saying, "I love my baby brother." Cailey wants to be my helper and feed him, pick him up, carry him around, change his diaper, etc. I hope that even with their seven year age difference they'll be close.





Kinsey was laughing hysterically when we came off the plane and just thrilled to finally meet the baby brother she's heard about for so long. Every time we skyped she'd say, "where's Ephram? I wanna see him." She was planning what she'd play with him months ago. She is truly a 'little mama' and wants to do EVERYTHING. She's learning that she's not quite ready to pick him up but can help feed him his bottle and play with him. Kinsey constantly tells Ephram that he's "so cute" and kisses him and pats his belly or back. She truly loves her little brother and wants to help him be happy at all times:).



Braden has been looking forward to having a little brother from the moment we received the referral. He was planning what he'd read to him and all the things he was going to teach him to do. He couldn't WAIT to match him:). Braden is more reserved and rather than showing his excitement outward (by screaming or giggling like the girls:), shows it in other ways. I find him going to Ephram when no one else is around and reading to him or bringing him a toy. He makes sure that Ephram is happy and wants to be at his side- even when he's in the exersaucer. Looking back I can remember him doing it with Kinsey too....he is just SO sweet! Braden will come up to me and say, "Mommy, I'm so happy you are home and we have Ephram now." Oh...and when Braden plays the piano he gets excited about Ephram 'dancing'. He wants to make his brother happy...


1 comment:

Wilson Ramblings said...

so awesome!!! I'm so excited for you my friend!!!