Monday, May 17, 2010

Back from the Dr.

We had a different doctor this time. He had a GREAT bedside manner and was nothing like the first dr. who seemed very rushed. This is who we were supposed to see but he was on vacation...wish we had seen him first! He had darker skin like Kinsey and he had some weird moles too. He said there was a 1 percent chance it was something...which means a 99 percent chance of being NOTHING!

He was awesome with Kinsey and explained (in a way a four year old could understand) what he was going to do. As soon as she heard that her knee had to "go to sleep by getting a shot" I'm pretty sure she didn't hear anything else after that. She tucked her head in and cried:(.

Dr. Nasir said she didn't need stitches (again...wish we had him last week!) So her knee is wrapped up and we'll have to keep changing the dressing to keep it from getting infected but it'll heal. Oh...while we were there he measured all her other moles (including two rather big ones on her head) and we'll be back yearly to have them re measured.

I'm happy to report that Kinsey is playing with a smile on her face:). She went for a cinnamon bagel from Panera after the appointment and was all better. We now wait for results, but feel a lot better than before.

This morning I read an email from a friend that was pretty amazing. Thank you. She reminded me that HE KNOWS how many hairs she has...cares about everything...sent me this: All of Psalm 139 is awesome....listen to this....for you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. (vs. 13-16).

Thank yall SO much for praying! I am amazed by all the support we've gotten and just so thankful for everyone who God has placed in our lives.

Had to add this because Kinsey said she wants to 'blog' about what happened. So here are her words:

I am sad dat I got a shot. I weally, weally sad. I sad that the doctor give me a shot. And I am weally sad dat the doctor give me a shot. The doctor was a yittle bit nice but den him give me a shot. But den him let me play with him flashlight there. That was fun. It was scary. The end.

5 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

Oh Heather! Sounds like the appt went very well and I'm so glad that you had such a kind and reassuring dr. What a blessing to hear such encouraging news!! God does love Kinsey and what a wonderful reminder of the care and concern God has for us even before we are born. Her words are precious and I'm so glad she is doing so well!!

Sandy said...

As I read this aloud, Steve said (about Kinsey's blog), "Classic. That's a keeper for 10 years from now!"
We are thankful for the answer to so many prayers & that things went so well.

Melissa and Dan said...

Glad it went well!Will keep checking back for good results! I will have to remember Dr. Nasir in case our kids need a dermatologist.. I took Dylan to one that I did not like...

Gretchen said...

I think Kinsey needs to start her own blog. Her writing technique is superb (and so adorable it almost made me cry).

Rejoicing with you!!!

Panera cinnamon crunch bagels make everything better.

KR said...

What a difference a doctor's personality makes! So thankful for this good news...I weally, weally am.