Saturday, May 29, 2010

she made the team!



Cailey decided she wanted to do swimteam this summer. She's been taking lessons for a few years but since we don't have a neighborhood pool and don't belong to a club we decided to look into the Y. They have a swimteam but when I first talked to the coach I wasn't sure Cailey was going to make the team. The coach made it sound like they were very strict on the strokes and you had to be super good...we were just looking for a recreational fun kinda thing, NOT competitive.

Cailey had tryouts last Friday night while I was at a farewell dinner for Sonja (which was REALLY fun, by the way) so she couldn't wait to talk to me about it. Brian had her call me and give me the great news...she made the team! I was in shock but thrilled for her. (I really wish I hadn't talked to the coach ahead of time). Brian said that lots of kids had to re-swim some laps but Cailey was just signed off for everything the first time! YAY!!

When I got home from the dinner she was asleep in the hall because she couldn't wait to tell me:).


the next day we used our coupons to celebrate with CFA milkshakes for everyone!
we are SO proud of you, Cailey!

No comments: