Saturday, May 1, 2010

Poison Ivy Update


remember the picture of my arm a couple weeks ago...i said
it got a lot worse! it had dried completely out but has started getting
bad again now that i finished the prednisone. it got a lot worse all
over my legs too.


and it's all over the back of my arms and continuing to pop up all over...
all over the bottom of my arms, thighs, elbows, chest, etc.


I went to Urgnet Care this morning after Cailey's soccer game. Clearly round one of prednisone didn't work. Initially I thought it was drying up...Wednesday it looked a lot better (when I finished the pills)! Then on Thursday night I noticed new places coming up and the dried up places starting oozing like crazy again. I tried 'home remedies' that people recommended on the new places hoping they wouldn't get bad but nothing worked.

Sooo...the doctor was pretty surprised as well! I ended up getting a shot and another prescription for the steroids. He was hesitant to give them to me because they are not good for the rest of my body but my ivy's so bad that he wanted to get rid of it. I'm praying that this goes away because I'm pretty miserable. It hurts. It hurts when I run. It sticks to the sheets at night...and I wake up to yellow (normally white) crusty sheets. We still haven't figured out the source and are fearful that it's going to continue until we do. Thanks for praying. This too shall pass!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I'm so sorry this hasn't cleared up! What a "mess" you have had to deal with!