Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm sure it's nothing...

I'm feeling anxious now but staying away from Google. I just wanted to do this post so people would be praying. And to get my feelings down.

Our pediatrician was concerned about a mole Kinsey has on her knee. It's several colors, not symmetrical, and growing quickly. I have never had moles and don't know a lot about them but from the ped's reaction I knew to be concerned. I immediately called a dermatologist to look at it and we went today. He said if he saw the same mole on someone with light skin he would be 99% sure it is melanoma. But she has such olive skin so it would naturally be darker...not different colors, but darker. He isn't sure but wants to have it removed and analyzed on Monday.

I'm scared. Gotta be honest. I have ALWAYS be fearful of one of my kids getting cancer. I know God is faithful. I know that doesn't mean everything will always work out or be our perfect plan...and I'm scared.

The dermatologist asked if any of Kinsey's relatives had problems with moles...ummm....
couldn't answer that question.

She's gotta get it removed on Monday at 8:00 am. This is the same girl who SCREAMED at the dentist about getting her teeth brushed. I wouldn't want them putting a needle in my knee, cutting something out, and then stitching me up...I can't begin to imagine how she'll be. We've decided not to tell her what's going to happen. She knows that she's going back to the dr. on Monday and then going out for breakfast on a date. She's a smart girl and said, "am i gonna get another flu shot?" Ummm.... I just said, "No, Kinsey, you don't need another flu shot."

Please pray for her. Pray for her to be calm and have peace. Pray that we can have the right words. Pray that it's nothing. Pray that the DAYS we have to wait for results won't find me searching on Google. I don't wanna know 'worst case scenarios'. Pray that her stitches will stay in as the knee is the hardest place b/c it's constantly moving. Thank you for praying.....

5 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i'm praying Heather! we know that God loves Kinsey SO much more than we can ever even imagine!!!

Rachel said...

I was wondering today what was going on when I saw your fb status earlier. Meant to ask you about it tonight. We will be praying for sweet Kinsey and for you and Brian too. Thankfully we can rest assured in knowing that the Lord is in control. Even when we can't seem to see it or understand His plan. Please keep us updated as you know more.

Eve said...

we will be praying. I have two big moles on me one on my left knee and one on my neck/chest near my clavicle...but they are brown and don't change at all so I pray that it is nothing and that all will be ok.

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

I just read this & sure will be praying! How about sending the prayer request out to the Life Class?! Let me know if you want me to get it out to have everyone praying.