Sunday, July 18, 2010

My big girl!


learning on cailey and bradens' old bikes

While we were at Nonny and Poppy's in June, I taught Kinsey how to ride a bike without training wheels! I haven't posted this yet because I was hoping to get a picture of her on her cute litle pink bike that she rides at home but I just haven't gotten around to getting one. I think Kinsey could have learned much sooner but she was actually very scared about it. She is usually fearless when it comes to things like this so I was surprised about her fear of falling, but she did it!

She fell way less than the other kids did because she was so scared about it that she'd just put her feet down. She learned on a little bike and could reach the ground which was helpful for not falling, but we learned later NOT helpful because she didn't know how to use the brakes when she was going fast!

Kinsey hadn't been riding a bike with training wheels for very long (because the big kids left their old bikes at Nonny and Poppy's..oops!) so she hadn't quite mastered the art of steering and would go right into the curb. Now that she's been riding her two wheeler for almost a month she has mastered steering and SOMETIMES actually uses the brakes:). I am SO proud of you my Kinsey girl!!

No comments: